Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Member: George Sanquist

I am a self taught photographer who has been studying photography as an art form for more than twenty years. I recently retired from the Milwaukee Police Department following twenty-five years of service and am now pursing my art full time.
I have been exhibiting my black and white photography in several Wisconsin galleries since 1999. I have only recently begun to showing my color work.
My black and white photography is done using medium and large format film cameras. I do all of my black and white printing on fiber based silver gelatin paper using traditional darkroom techniques. Each print is toned with selenium for maximum archival performance.
My color photographs are shot on color slide film which I then scan into my computer and print out using a large format archival pigment inkjet printer. My flower photographs are all shot in the field using only natural light. The black backgrounds are created using a portable background of my own design.

No comments: