Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Member: Geri Laehn

This first paragraph is short & sweet and is what I generally use when
 showing wildlife & nature .

I am drawn towards the charismatic images that the outdoors has to offer.
 In everything there is a story and photography for me is about capturing an 
environment. Shooting outdoors can give you a sense of the fragility of a 
time and place that may not exist in the future.


The following is similar to the bio on the members pages of the F/Stop &
Wehr Nature Center camera clubs that I belong to.

 With the exception of a few years in the Phoenix & Chicago areas.the
 Milwaukee area has been home. Being in the Travel Industry, forever, and 
opening my own agency, Travel Visions - 46th & Forest Home in Milwaukee in 
the mid 80's, has afforded me opportunities to travel the world and not only 
shoot the world but to meet incredibly interesting people, many becoming 
long time friends. I use Nikon equipment..and have become part of the 
digital generation. Occasionally I do pull out my F100 to shoot roll film.

I'm pretty much self taught, but have increased my skills with several
 classes at MATC.

Photo subjects of interest to me are Wildlife & Nature, primarily the Alaska 
Grizzly's of Katmai and the Black Bear at Anan Bay and my favorite being the 
Ice Bears of the Arctic at Churchill MB Canada and in the past, I have 
organized small photo groups to these area. I also enjoy shooting Sports &
Special Events, which includes traveling abroad with K C Williams (country 
music entertainer/song writer) and his band . Recently I have involved 
myself in a new project "Window of Discovery" which is the other side of
 me.....the somewhat abstract side. This is a work in progress which
 currently includes some 20 images.


See Geri's photography: http://www.travelvisions.biz/

No comments: