Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Member: Suzanne Garr

Journeys are our stories made into memories ….

Photographs are often windows through which we journey to places that we can only dream about. Throughout my journeys I have traveled to Africa, Ireland, England, Italy, Kingdom of Bhutan, Thailand and France, and many places in between. During my travels I have captured what I thought to be the fabric of the country and its people. The faces that depict the culture and stories of their lives fascinate me. Capturing those are sometimes small miracles that happen in a moment. With each photograph there is often a story as to how this stolen moment in time was frozen to print. I have been dabbling in the art of photography since I was in high school and my passion for this means of expression has grown to envelope more travels and stories to be told. There’s a saying that every picture tells a story and perhaps you can wander through these captured moments and wonder what their story is, was or could be. Even the photographs that are of the land can take you on a journey of wonderment as to who may have walked these places and the stories that may have been made. Let your journeys tell your story.

Suzanne Garr

Photographer

No comments: